WaveFront Technology Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a UV Chemist & Formulation Scientist in Paramount, California.
WaveFront Technology Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key focuses of the role:
• Prepare UV coating formulations aimed at achieving a well defined set of R&D and production requirements.
• Conduct analytical testing on UV coating formulations and prints
• Keep complete and accurate records of measures, techniques, and procedures followed or performed
• Work with others within the company to carry out the broad range of tests required to validate formulations
• Scale up and test formulations, giving support to ongoing activities in product development
• Able to meet deadlines and align with project goals while working under pressure
• Track inventory and support quality control of raw materials
• Report status of work on a daily basis to supervisor and on a weekly basis team(s)
• Provide detailed reports in formats such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Responsible for the general upkeep of the lab and maintenance of laboratory equipment
• Observe and maintain compliance with safety and security procedures
Key requirements include:
• MA, MS or PhD degrees in chemistry, polymer science, or material science or related field.
• Demonstrated experience with regards to formulating inks and/or coatings.
• Excellent organizational skills, basic computer skills, and strong communication skills with the ability to work on a cross-functional team.
• Attention to detail and accuracy along with understanding the importance of experimental reproducibility and repeatability
• Strong sense of work ethic with integrity, tenacity, self motivation, and a high sense of urgency in executing experiments
• Prefer formulations skills in both UV coatings and formulations
We offer an attractive compensation package in addition to a comprehensive benefits program including health insurance, paid vacation & sick time, profit sharing plan, etc.
About WaveFront Technology Inc.:
WaveFront Technology, Inc, (WFT) began operations in 1986 as a partnership formed by a group of technology professionals focused on holography and advanced optics. This partnership focused on developing state-of-the-art holograms and replication technology. Over time this core capability evolved into a proprietary custom tooling service that actualized production capabilities for leading embossing companies worldwide. WFT has experience with holographic and optical micro structures including holographic optical elements, holographic diffusers, computer generated elements, diamond cut prismatic structures including Fresnel lenses, and other custom patterned surface relief structures. Our core capabilities include:
• Advanced roll-to-roll continuous UV casting lines to manufacture nano/micro structure embossed films on a variety of film substrates.
• State-of-the-art Holography Lab that includes a coating facility, test lab, and recording lab.
• In-house Recombine (Tooling) department that is known in the embossing industry for its high quality and fast turn-around time.
• Formulation Laboratory that produces all the custom UV curable resin packages that WFT utilizes for Manufacturing.
• Diamond Turning Machine (DTM) Lab that generates all of WFT’s ‘thin’ Fresnel Originations that are utilized for our unique Lensing and Hybrid packaging film lines.
Human Resources Manager
WaveFront Technology, Inc.
562-634-0434 ext. 127