Keystone Industries is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are passionate about our employees. We strive to create an environment that is stimulating and motivating and a culture that fosters mutual respect, teamwork and career development. Please visit our website at www.keystoneind.com to learn more information about Keystone Industries and career opportunities.
In addition to competitive starting salaries, we offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. See company benefits below.
Keystone Industries is currently seeking a UV Coatings Senior Scientist for our Cherry Hill, New Jersey location.
Senior Scientist- UV Coatings
An international cosmetics company, is looking for a strong formulations scientist with an advanced degree in materials science, chemistry or engineering, who understands polymers, coatings, and UV chemistry processes. This position is a bench chemist position reporting to division VP with the potential to quickly grow into supervisory role. The scientist will develop and support testing and scale up of energy curable formulations. This new role will help support sales initiatives and interface with production, quality, regulatory and EHS teams.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Essential Job Functions
• Conduct research and development in a laboratory setting.
• Research and recommend new chemistries
• Research and recommend processing technology.
• Develop new testing protocols.
• Provide technical support for existing and new products regarding material selection, characterization and qualification, with ultimate translation to manufacturing.
• Derive requirements related to material properties and processing.
• Perform complex formulation, component and materials evaluations.
• Utilize advanced chemical knowledge, data, modeling and statistical tools to solve technical challenges.
• Support projects by performing laboratory work to improve product performance, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
• Strong knowledge of polymer chemistry.
• Prior experience with coatings.
• In-depth understanding of fundamental chemistry.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in complex UV curable formulations, component and materials evaluations, and equipment.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in initiating projects.
• Knowledge of industry specific technologies and developing products.
• Ability to understand and apply statistical analysis.
• Ability to utilize multiple technologies.
• Proficient in MS Office applications.
• Highly organized.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must be flexible.
• Experience with statistical experimental design software.
• Experience with organic and inorganic pigments and colorants
• Experience in inks, monomers and resins a plus.
• Understanding physical testing methods of coatings including rheology, DSC, DMA, hardness and gloss.
• Understanding of spectroscopic methods including IR and NMR preferred.
• M.S. in Chemistry.
• Enriched Medical Plan with Vision
• Enriched Dental Plan
• Company-sponsored Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – Medical & Dependent Care
• 401K Retirement Savings Plan
• 401K Safe Harbor – Employer Contribution of 3% Gross Wages
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• All inclusive, company-sponsored Family Weekend in the Poconos every Spring
• On-site state-of-the-art Fitness Center (Gibbstown)
• LA Fitness Center Membership (Cherry Hill)
• Full-Service Café (Gibbstown)
• Subsidized Lunch (Cherry Hill)
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Tickets to sports events and concerts throughout the year
• Voluntary Term Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability
• Voluntary Vision Discount Plan
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to Job@Keystoneind.com.
Keystone Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Keystone Industries does not discriminate against any applicant with regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or national origin.